We’ve been busy this month trying to make up for all our inactivity and missteps over the last few months.
First up, we have two drawings by D2 now listed in our Etsy shop. We also still have our coupon code for a 15% discount off of 20$ or more going until the end of the month – so please check it out ^^
Next up we are once again offering our Memoria class through A for Artistic. And to help get interest, we both made new busts using the techniques and ideas taught in the class, but going in our own directions. For both of us, a large part of BJD making – even just a simple bust – is about customization and bringing your own vision to life. So we like to encourage students to use what we teach to make their own things, and that they don’t have to follow exactly what we do.
First picture: Birdie, by Pat
Second picture: The Prince, by D2
Filed under classes, sales
First off, sorry for all the long delays between news items. We get so caught up in creating new things that we forget all the areas we’re supposed to be keeping updated!
There has been a lot going on around here, and luckily we’ve at least managed to keep our Facebook Page Cirque de Fantomes mostly up to date. We’re also hoping to release updates to our mailing list more regularly.
Now here are a few of the things which we forgot to share:
1) D2 has added several photo prints to our Etsy shop Cirque de Fantomes. These prints are also available to custom order in other sizes as well.
2) We’ve also branched out into Patreon, where D2 has started a page about their dolls. This page also will include tutorials and behind the scenes stories about making the dolls. You can see their work at Dolls by D2 on Patreon.
3) We’re about to have a sale at our Etsy shop! From September 1 ~ 30th, we’ll be running a coupon sale where you can get 15% off all purchases over 20$.
4) Lastly, we’ll be be adding our first piece by Pat Lillich to our shop as well!
Hey everyone – we’ve added a new bust piece to our Etsy shop:
Cirque de Fantomes shop
we’re also opening up a give-away on our Facebook page to help us reach 750 likes! More info will be posted on the page later today ^^
Filed under events, sales
Hey everyone ~
We are excited to let you know that D2 is opening up for commission work! Because each doll takes a lot of time and care to make, only one slot is opened at a time. These are available on a first come, first served basis but we will take a list of names for future slots.
Now, there are a few important things to note:
* Only a max of two dolls/items are allowed for commission per a slot. This is to ensure that they’re done in a timely matter and not to overwhelm the artist.
* Commissions could take up to 3 or 4 months to complete – a more definite estimate will be given when the design is finalized.
* A deposit is required at the time the design is finalized. The remainder is due when the doll/items are finished.
* The artist reserves the right to show photographs of the finished commission in their portfolio.
* The artist will not copy any existing designs (either from personal dolls or other artists) – but you can request dolls/items SIMILAR to other pieces the artist has done.
Price estimates vary on the design of the commission – but please feel free to send us emails with general questions. We’re also willing to give rough estimates on concepts as well. Photos will be provided during the sculpting process.
If interested, please send an email to email@example.com – be sure to include the following information:
~ email address
~ country (this is just so we can give a rough shipping estimate, though the total may change due to final size/shape of the commission and rate changes through the postal service)
We’re having a sale in our Etsy shop Cirque de Fantomes from May 1st through the 15th!
All our listings will be discounted by 15% (we’ll update with the new prices during the sale).
Also want to give a heads up that a commission slot will open up with D2 in the beginning of June. We’ll send out more information at the end of May, but you can always send questions to commissions @ cirquedefantomes.com.